Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On the Lighter Side, or Letters, Numbers and Colors

(As a child, I played with refrigerator magnets of the letters and numbers, in various different colors. But some letters just looked right in some colors and wrong in others. Today playing Sudoku I shade each number with a different color. Many people understand that this makes it easier to see which ones are missing. But most do not seem to understand that the color selections are not arbitrary.

And, after all, if we can associate colors with moods, names with personality types, and so forth, why not colors with letters and numbers. So, here are the numbers and letters in their proper colors (although I am open to debate about the letters H, L, V, W, X and Y.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

A B C D E F G H I (actually, I is white, but it wouldn't show so I used light gray)
J K L M N O (O really is black)
P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Now, I can imagine how some people may object to this color scheme. "But EL," they may say, "some colors get used over and over and some only once."

To which I reply, "I can't help it. I don't choose the colors for the letters. They just ARE!"

What do you think of that?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home